instrumental and body compositions on numbers, series and other formalisms
an evening concept for performances, interrupted by heavily drinking. Big time!
own pieces and stuff by others.
performed by a selection of people
out of a pool of performers, composers, musicians and freaks
around David Helbich
going by the name: The Calculators.
"Would you keep your countanance, if you were counted up by three counts, who counter every counterfeit with country-songs?
Not us.We count on you."
The Calculators 1 at Rational Rec in London, April 2006 (with Tom Pauwels and Louise Baduel) The Calculators 2 in York, July 2007 (Matthew Shlomowitz, Mark Knoop)
Programm Calculators 1:
- Emmett Wiliams, Counting Song
- Lois V Vierk, Go Guitars
- Gerhard Rühm, 12! Ein Zahlengedicht
- Counting games with the audience
- David Helbich, aldinorm, table-tennis, aldidivers
- Three counts in 3 languages
- Tom Johnson, Counting Duet
- David Helbich, Hallo 2-5
- How many men? 28.
- How many women? 26.
- How many wear glasses? 24.
- How many liked contemporary classical music? 27.
- How many had had sex in the past week? 9.
- How many were foriegners? 32.
- How many liked contemporary classical music and had had sex in the past week? 3.
- How many wore thongs? 4.
- How many liked contemporary classical music, had had sex in the past week, and used sexual aids? 0.
- David Helbich, schnipsen
- Helmut Oehring, Foxfire Eins "Natriumpentothal"
- David Helbich, klatschen zählen
- Russian Doll demonstation
- Ryan Miglavs, magic tricks with rope
- Tom Johnson, Counting duet III
Here some pictures of the first and videos of the later: